Who said low carb meals have to be boring? Most dieters think that people on the ‘other’ side of the diet bridge get to enjoy all the ‘good’ food while they are stuck with hardly delicious meals.
Well, these sample low carb dinner recipes will leave you begging for more.
Cauliflower crust pizza
Who wants to order pizza? Everyone except that one person scared of adding any extra pounds, you! Do not despair because you can have a pie too.
Pizza can be eaten in more ways than one. Including a low carb cauliflower type customized to fit your needs.
One medium-sized cauliflower head, ¼ teaspoon kosher salt, ½ teaspoon dried crushed basil, ½ teaspoon crushed and dried oregano. ½ teaspoon garlic powder, one egg, ¼ mozzarella cheese and ¼ shredded Parmesan cheese.
This is all you need to make one of the most delicious and healthy low carb dinner recipes.
Let’s get started:
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and turn it to 450F.
- Trim off the stems and large leaves from your cauliflower then roughly chop them into two inch pieces.
- Rinse the cauliflower well then blend and pulse until finely ground.
- Remove the ground cauliflower and cover it nicely with a paper towel in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for three minutes.
- Place the cauliflower in a dish towel and allow it to cool. Gather it into a pile on the towel and rinse out the water content.
- Empty the now reduced cauliflower into a bowl then mix in the cheeses, oregano, kosher salt, basil, and garlic powder.
- Add the egg to your content and mix well.
- Place a parchment paper on your paddle or use a cutting board to hold the cauliflower mixture into a 12 inch diameter crust.
- The recommended thickness for your crust is a ¼ inch.
- Slide the parchment paper onto your baking sheet and bake for 8-11 minutes until the crust is golden brown.
- Take the parchment paper and the pizza crust onto your board and garnish with toppings of your choice.
- Take it back to the oven for about 5-7 minutes.
- Let it cool and voila! You’ve made one of the yummiest low carb dinner recipes.
Chicken-stuffed zucchini boats
This is another great option from a variety of low carb dinner recipes. Your main ingredients are absolutely low in carbs and promise you a healthy and delicious dinner. It is a fun way to eat your zucchini and chicken without having to worry about weight-gain.
The full recipe is available here.
Chicken lettuce wrap
It is some sort of a wrap taco with a twist. The presence of chicken and lettuce is a good enough sign that your carb intake needs are covered. One wrap is only 350 calories thus promising a light and healthy dinner option. You can find the full recipe here.
Now you know better, low carb dinner recipes can be as delicious as any other. May be even ten times yummier! Go for it.